BECOME AN EFFECTIVE MEMBER
To join FEBEA, any potential member must take the following steps:
In order to apply, a legal entity must:
- be a financial institution working with savings and/or capital funds, or a foundation having institutional links with a financial institution of comparable nature or mutual cooperative bank, or others or an enterprise providing similar financial or technical services;
- adhere to, sign and respect the FEBEA Charter;
- have a balance sheet of at least one million euros;
- have autonomy of decision vis-à-vis any organisation or external company;
- have its registered offices in one of the Member States of the European Union or the European Free Trade Area, even if its activities are located in other countries;
- provide FEBEA with transparent and complete information on its internal functioning, the collection of savings and the use of resources.
2. Send a set of documents to formalise the Application, including :
- an application form to collect all general information on the candidate member;
- the last balance sheet available;
- a questionnaire concerning the position for each principle of the Charter;
- copy of the company registration certificate;
- the Articles of Association;
- a Motivation Letter to clearly express the reasons for which the organisation wants to become a FEBEA member, which benefits it expects from the membership and which values it can bring to the association.
3. If the written application is positively evaluated by the Board if Directros, the candidate will receive the visit of two members representatives of FEBEA, who will present a visit report to the Board of Directors.
4. If the drafting of the written application for membership and the visit report (points 2 and 3) show compatibility between the candidate’s structure and the spirit of FEBEA, the FEBEA Board of Directors votes on the acceptance of the organization as new member. The admission of new members must be ratified by the Federation’s General Assembly.
BECOME AN ASSOCIATE MEMBER
FEBEA can also have strategic relations with institutions and legal persons that are not effective members and propose to them to become "associate members". On the proposal of the Board of Directors, the following entities are entitled to become associate members:
- organisations that have their registered office in a member state of the European Council or in a country that has an accord / is associated with the European Union;
- institutions participating in FEBEA initiatives.
Associate members cannot be elected to the Board of Directors and have no voting rights at the General Assembly, even if they have been invited to participate. They can participate in the working groups set up within the FEBEA and make use of the FEBEA tools.
To become an associate member, the candidate should adhere to and sign the FEBEA Charter. Associate members can request to become effective members, but they will have to follow again the membership application procedure and show that they comply with all the requirements necessary to become effective members.
The amount of the annual membership fee is decided by the General Meeting.